Working at Quintas Energy, you will operate in a data rich environment supported by a strong, experienced Site Visit team and backoffice resource that will provide you with a steady flow of accurate asset data and reports.
As Project Head, you will manage a portfolio of complex projects. They typically involve technical issues in large portfolios of distributed generation assets in various stages of their lifecycle. Your objective is to prioritise projects in line with the assets’ strategic objectives, ensure resources are managed, monitor progress and keep all involved parties informed.
The projects require
- A good understanding of the commercial requirements of the assets, of their contracts and liabilities;
- Stakeholder management (several O&M and EPC contractors, equipment manufacturers, DNOs, landlords, councils, third party experts, clients, Quintas colleagues, etc);
- Prioritisation of inspections and works across the portfolio, considering safety and operational risk profiles, FAC status of the sites (pre or post), maintenance history, warranty status, etc;
- Knowledge and experience to assess and select the optimal (technical) solutions; and
- Management of a large amount of data and business intelligence (the QE backoffice team is at your disposal for this, but will require coordination and resource planning)
Your duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing and prioritising a portfolio of projects, ensuring quality, time and costs are being controlled and strategic objectives are being met.
- Reporting progress to decision boards consisting of senior management of QE and/or our clients.
- Assessing solutions to issues from a technical-commercial perspective. Summarising the best options and submitting them to the decision board for approval.
- Ensuring a consistent and efficient approach with regards to high-risk incidents including:
- assessment of (root) cause,
- mitigation solutions and action plans;
- supervision of their implementation;
- analysis of impact and liabilities; and
- providing visibility to the client and other stakeholders.
You will have strong problem-solving abilities that you can deploy directly or use to lead EPC, O&M or other contractors to improve the quality of their work.
- In liaison with the QE Asset Management and Site Visit teams, ensuring that all major issues detected on site are managed effectively.
- Sharing knowledge and lessons learnt across the portfolio and promoting continual improvement in all aspects of our work.
- Promoting a H&S culture within QE and ensuring the proper identification and escalation of H&S risks in the portfolio.
- Identifying obligations in relation to Electrical Regulations.
- Reviewing and/or updating electrical working procedures to ensure appropriate safe system of work in line with regulations.
- Ensuring and promoting effective communication of knowledge, experience, information, applicable industry legislation and standards within the company.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leading and delivering (portfolios of) projects in a dynamic business environment. You will be able to effectively engage and collaborate with multiple sets of stakeholders across various countries in an intercultural and diverse environment. You will have proven commercial skills and direct experience of enforcing contracts or proposing satisfactory solutions.
You will have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to collaborate and drive performance under pressure. You will be a confident negotiator capable of interpreting plant and contractor performance to identify issues and resolve them effectively with EPCs, O&Ms and other contractors and service providers.
You should have relevant third level qualifications, e.g. Chartered (Electrical) Engineer, with 10+ years of professional experience in energy, preferably in solar, wind and/or battery storage. Your background should preferably include several of the following: high voltage AC and DC Electrical power system design and operation, switchboard and switchgear specification, and distribution networks. Our Asset Management System is designed in line with the ISO 55001 requirements and preferably you should have experience with ISO 55000 and/or PAS55.
This role requires the candidate to speak and write in English at a fluent business level; knowledge of other European languages will be an advantage. Strong presentational and reporting skills are required, to supervise the preparation and delivery to Quintas Energy’s clients of periodic and special reports.
You will be based in London (at least 4 days per week). The position will entail limited travel within the UK and to QE’s headquarters in Seville.
GROSS ANNUAL SALARY of £75,000 to £90,000, depending on qualifications and experience, plus a pension plan and bonus scheme.
Quintas Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.