Associate Engineer UK Portfolio
You will manage a certain number of PV plants. You will report to your immediate Manager and/or Supervisor and your duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring the performance of the plants daily through the available portal systems, including performance analysis and all necessary actions to be taken to rectify negative deviations or to improve positive deviations.
- Supervision of all systems performance (SCADA, security, telecomms etc.).
• Incident and Action Management including update of QE Connect and Incident Reports to Client with special attention to failures and shortfalls that may lead to production loss including an Economic Impact Assessment. Calculating upon closure of each incident of the production losses and economic impact associated with it.
• Issuing standard monthly and quarterly reports (Format, content and scope to be defined with the Owner).
• Populating the reporting platform, QE Connect, with full site details including components, contracts, technical design, location, automatic reminders for compliance dates and events, etc.
• Reviewing O&M reports to assess the treatment of incidents in their reports that may have affected the performance of the plant. Regular meetings with operators to review performance.
• Supervising O&M contractor compliance with all the preventive maintenance plant activities, including the delivery of monthly reports-.
• Supervising O&M contractor’s corrective maintenance measures and confirming that such measures have been carried out in compliance with the O&M contract.
• Providing technical documentation to third parties (Finance entity’s Technical advisor, bidders in case of tenders, insurance brokers, audits).
• Calculating contractual PR and/or availability values according to contractual procedures.
• Supervising site visit reports prepared by Operations Manager and following up on punch lists arising from these visits
The candidate should have relevant second level qualifications, e.g. Electrical Engineer/Energy Engineer or similar, skilled in electrical engineering and energy engineering, with 2+ years of professional experience in renewable energy, especially in solar and wind.
This role requires the candidate to speak and write in English at a fluent business level according to the portfolio he/she is assigned to, knowledge of other European languages will be an advantage. Previous experience in Asset Management and Solar Market is valuable (not mandatory requirement). Strong presentational and reporting skills are desired, to supervise the preparation and delivery to Quintas Energy’s clients of periodic and special reports. The position may entail regular travel to the UK and other markets where Quintas Energy is present.